KUNLE EDUN ADVOCATES FOR REFORMS OF THE CRIMINAL LAWS TO PROTECT WOMEN FROM SEX OFFENDERS
Our criminal laws are insufficient to address the increasing rate of rape and other sex offences.
We need legislative reforms that will institutuinalize the following:
- Creation of a Central Registry of sex offenders in Nigeria by the Nigerian Police Force and to be accessed to every one online.
- All sex offenders must be put on parole supervision for at last 10 years after serving their sentences.
- Sex offenders must not have access or allowed to be close to children for at least 10 years after serving their sentences.
- Sex offenders must be compelled to always report to their parole officers anytime they are leaving the town they are resident, for proper monitoring.
- Sex offenders must not be allowed to work in schools, hospitals, Charity organisations or any social institution.
382 total views, 1 views today