RESOLUTIONS REACHED AT EMERGENCY MEETING OF 3RD JUNE 2020
At a well attended meeting of the distinguished Members of the Lion Bar summoned to discuss the circumstances and gruesome murder of Omo Osobase Iyioha by some criminal elements of our society, the Bar resolved thus;-
- That a committee be set up to monitor and assist in the investigation and prosecution of the six suspects who infact have made confessional statements to the police.
- That no Lawyer in Benin and indeed the Midwest Bar Forum should offer his service in the defence of the suspects as this will attract severe sanctions including the name of such Colleague put in the Black book of the Bar.
- That Chief Felix Osadolor, aka ‘Afro’, father of the Leader of the suspects, Osazuwa Osadolor, be arrested by the police and prosecuted for his role and complicity in the incident leading to the murder of the deceased.
- That the Bar reconvenes on Friday 5th June, 2020, 10;am, at the Bar House from whence members would proceed to the scene of crime and exhumation of the deceased.
- That the Bar shall ensure that justice is not only done but must be seen to be manifestly done.
The Bar also totally and in strong terms condemned the rape and murder of Uwaila Omozuwa, a 100 Level student of the University of Benin. It called for the arrest and prosecution of the suspects
Pius I. Oiwoh
Sec. NBA Benin
209 total views, 1 views today